Presented by The Chamber with Continental Travel
Travel with The Chamber! We have an exciting travel program that is open to everyone, not just Chamber members. We normally offer two trips a year: in spring and in fall. Our trips are from Winnipeg, with groups of approximately 20 - 40 people and hosted by a Chamber employee. Our prices include airfare, accommodations, sightseeing, transfers, local guides, taxes, and some meals. We have many repeat travelers in our group and always welcome new ones! We'd love to have you join us.
In the spring of 2018, we will host our first-ever Chamber trip to Japan! Continental Travel has put together an fantastic itinerary to ensure that we see the best of what Japan as to offer. From ancient shrines and temples to modern cities with cutting-edge technology, Japan is an incredible experience. Come and discover the history, the culture, the beautiful sights and the friendly people of Japan!
APRIL 2018 (exact dates TBD)
Highlights of this exotic trip include:
- Sightseeing tour of Tokyo including various districts of the city, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo City View Observatory, The National Art Centre, temple, shrine, and shopping arcade
- A visit to Ueno Park in Tokyo to see the cherry trees blooming (dependent on blooming season)
- Sushi-making experience
- Stroll in Ginza, a popular upscale shopping area of Tokyo with department store boutiques, restaurants and coffee houses
- Explore Hakone, a national park famous for its natural beauty and views of Mount Fuji
- Travel by bullet train to Kyoto, and later to Hiroshima and Osaka
- Visits to temples and shrines in Kyoto
- A tea ceremony at a Japanese temple
- The stunning Sagano Bamboo Forest
- The temples and artwork of Nara, dating back to the 8th century when it was Japan's capital
- A visit to Asuka Village to learn about the rural life culture and the local people
- The peace memorial park and museum in Hiroshima, as well as the Hiroshima Castle
- Farewell dinner in Osaka with a Geiko and Maiko performance
- Accommodations include high-quality hotels, as well as one night's stay at a Ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn
Escorted tour from Winnipeg. (dependent on number of travelers)
Trip Date: April 2018 (exact dates to be confirmed shortly)
Itinerary: Click here for the itinerary. Please note: The dates and itinerary have yet to be finalized, so check back for updates.
Optional Trip Extensions: We are currently working on offering some extensions, as you will see in the itinerary. Details will follow.
Cost: $6700 CAD per person.* Includes airfare from Winnipeg, taxes, all transfers and sightseeing as specified in the itinerary, English speaking guides, accommodations, and the meals indicated in the itinerary.
*(based on double occupancy) Single supplement: $1100
Price and itinerary subject to change.
Japan is well-known as an expensive destination, so the price of this trip is higher than most of our past trips. However, in comparing the itineraries and costs of Japan tours offered by different travel companies, we are confident that this is an excellent value and most of all, a diverse and comprehensive itinerary.
For more information, contact Ellen Kornelsen at email@example.com or (204) 944-8484.
To register, contact Natalie at Continental Travel at Natalie@continentaltravel.ca or (204) 989-9343. *Please note: Natalie is away until May 1, 2017 so please contact her upon her return.