Presented by The Chamber with Continental Travel
Travel with The Chamber! We have an exciting travel program that is open to everyone, not just Chamber members. We normally offer two trips a year: in spring and in fall. Our trips are from Winnipeg, with groups of approximately 20 - 40 people and hosted by a Chamber employee. Our prices include airfare, accommodations, sightseeing, transfers, local guides, taxes, and some meals. We have many repeat travelers in our group and always welcome new ones! We'd love to have you join us.
In the spring of 2018, we will host our first-ever Chamber trip to Japan! Continental Travel has put together an fantastic itinerary to ensure that we see the best of what Japan as to offer. From ancient shrines and temples to modern cities with cutting-edge technology, Japan is an incredible experience. Come and discover the history, the culture, the beautiful sights and the people of Japan.
APRIL 7 - 19, 2018 - SOLD OUT!*
Highlights of this exotic trip include:
- Sightseeing tour of Tokyo including various districts of the city, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo City View Observatory, The National Art Centre, temple, shrine, and shopping arcade
- A visit to Ueno Park in Tokyo to see the cherry trees blooming (dependent on blooming season)
- Sushi-making experience
- Stroll in Ginza, a popular upscale shopping area of Tokyo with department store boutiques, restaurants and coffee houses
- Explore Hakone, a national park famous for its natural beauty and views of Mount Fuji
- Travel by bullet train to Kyoto, and later to Hiroshima and Osaka
- Visits to temples and shrines in Kyoto
- A tea ceremony at a Japanese temple
- The stunning Sagano Bamboo Forest
- The temples and artwork of Nara, dating back to the 8th century when it was Japan's capital
- A visit to Asuka Village to learn about the rural life culture and the local people
- The peace memorial park and museum in Hiroshima, as well as the Hiroshima Castle
- Farewell dinner in Osaka with a Geiko and Maiko performance
- Accommodations include high-quality hotels, as well as one night's stay at a Ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn
Flights: *Please note flights are subject to change*
APRIL 7 Leave Winnipeg 10:05 a.m./arrive Vancouver 11:10 a.m.
APRIL 7 Leave Vancouver 1:40 p.m./arrive Narita 3:25 p.m. APRIL 8
APRIL 19 Leave Osaka 3:15 p.m./arrive Tokyo 4:25 p.m.
APRIL 19 Leave Tokyo 5:40 p.m./arrive Toronto 4:45 p.m.
APRIL 19 Leave Toronto 6:35 p.m./arrive Winnipeg 8:12 p.m.
Escorted tour from Winnipeg. (dependent on number of travelers)
Trip Date: April 7 - 19, 2018
Itinerary: Click here for the itinerary.
Click here for more details on travelling to Japan.
Optional Trip Extensions: We are currently working on offering some extensions, as you will see in the itinerary. Details will follow.
Cost: $6700 CAD per person.* Includes airfare from Winnipeg, taxes, all transfers and sightseeing as specified in the itinerary, English speaking guides, accommodations, and the meals indicated in the itinerary.
*(based on double occupancy) Single supplement: $1100
Price and itinerary subject to change.
Japan is well-known as an expensive destination, so the price of this trip is higher than most of our past trips. However, in comparing the itineraries and costs of Japan tours offered by different travel companies, we are confident that this is an excellent value and most of all, a diverse and comprehensive itinerary.
* This trip has reached its maximum capacity. If you are interested, please contact Natalie at Natalie@continentaltravel.ca or call (204) 989-9343 to be placed on a waiting list for this trip or possibly a second trip.
Contact Ellen Kornelsen for more information at email@example.com or (204) 944-3307.
To register or for more information, contact Natalie at Natalie@continentaltravel.ca or (204) 989-9343.